HR Manager and Director of Recruiting - Virtual/Remote Position
Full Time Permanent, Exempt
Telecommute, Work from Home
Reports to Chief Operating Officer
Blueprint Summer Programs provides personal, innovative and fun pre-college summer programs that empower diverse groups of students from all over the globe to get ready for college and create their own blueprint for life.
We are seeking a full-time Human Resources Manager and Recruitment Director to join our growing company - in a fun, cutting-edge virtual office environment that allows you to work from your home but still enjoy the camaraderie of great colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be a relentlessly positive, hyper-organized, talented individual with exceptional high volume seasonal recruitment, managerial and customer experience skills.
The ideal candidate has experience working with and recruiting individuals for summer youth employment programming (and/or) staffing seasonal individuals with varied skill sets, credentials, and competency levels. This individual should be able to identify and implement effective solutions to the challenges of recruiting and building a large, compassionate, seasonal staff while also managing all things HR.
This individual must also consistently demonstrate a high level of responsibility and integrity, can successfully deal with ambiguity and change and has the ability to work effectively under stressful conditions. This individual should demonstrate a strong attention to detail and the proven ability to get things done on schedule in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
1. Lead the Human Resources Department
- Manage HR Department staff and overall functions of HR department duties, responsibilities and tasks
- Maintain and improve our HR systems, software, forms, etc.
- Maintain current and accurate business, legal, and personnel records for all HQ staff and program staff
- Maintain and improve various employee manuals and procedures
- Recruit and onboard Blueprint Headquarter staff as needed
- Work effectively with other departments in a hyper-collaborative environment to ensure overall company success
2. Recruit Program Staff
- Analyze and forecast hiring needs, develop and implement strategy for recruitment of hundreds of seasonal employees with a passion for working with high school students
- Actively recruit, interview, and hire qualified candidates who meet the needs of our summer programs throughout the United States
- Ensure ethical hiring best practices relating to local, state, and federal compliance recruitment practices are followed
- Develop and implement recruiting metrics and measurables to drive business results
- Continually review recruiting strategies and plans for effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Develop job specifications, write job descriptions or reviews and edit job descriptions written by others
- Work with Marketing to develop recruiting collateral and materials
- Develop and maintain contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants
- Make public presentations at schools, organizations, and job fairs regarding the organization and opportunities
- When needed, but on a limited basis, work with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates
3. Manage Program Staff
- Supervise staff to ensure a high quality product and uncompromising quality of standards
- Provide support, guidance and empathy to seasonal staff particularly during peak program season (June - August) while keeping the integrity of the department and overall company at the forefront of all decision making
- Effectively manage emergency situations which may involve assisting program staff in overcoming stressful situations
- Ensure staff morale is a consistent priority while protecting the culture and brand of Blueprint Summer Programs
4. Deliver a Stellar Customer Experience
- Support and develop training programs so team members are confident to perform in their roles and exhibit the Blueprint mission in their day-today behavior with our customers
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources
- Demonstrates strong skills in high volume seasonal recruitment and/or high volume seasonal recruitment strategy implementation
- Knowledge of multi-state employment laws, regulations and practices
- Employee relations, training and development experience
- Depth of experience in at least two or more HR core competencies: Business Management & Strategy, Workforce Planning & Employment, HR Development, Compensation & Benefits, Employee & Labor Relations, and Risk Management.
- Minimum three years recent experience working within an HR operation
- Minimum of two years in a leadership and/or operations role.
- Ability to develop rapport and interact effectively with individuals on all levels
- Able to communicate sensitive information consistently, in a direct manner to all employees, vendors, and community partners.
- Ability to manage and maintain high positive staff morale
- Analytical & Outcomes-driven
- Summer Program Leadership Experience
- Previous experience working in the academic summer program industry, the hospitality industry, travel and tourism industry, and/or education in an HR capacity.
- Ability to critically solve problems in work-summer camp type environments
- Advanced degree in HR or related field
- Certification in HR
Additional Information - Applicants Must Have:
- Self-discipline, high professional and ethical standards.
- Customer-centric focus.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others inside and outside the company.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to a fast pace virtual work environment.
- Ability to deliver high quality results, including exceptional follow-up and follow-through.
- Dedicated home office space.
- Initiative, sound judgment and independent problem solving skills.
- Great work ethic; the will and passion to get the job done.
- Ability to multi-task, meet scheduled due dates and remain organized.
- Ability to work independently and manage projects with minimal direction.
- Must have advanced skills to navigate varied technological platforms and information systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Flexibility. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required. Some travel and on-call duties required